We undertake all flute service and repair work. From small jobs to complete servicing we will have your flute playing at its best again in no time. Our repairer, Richard, has over ten years of flute repairing experience having worked at Sheehans Music and completed his training under Matthias Ziemann of Top Wind, London.
Just like a car, a flute will need a service and there are two main requirements outlined below. Properly maintaining your flute will help keep it problem free and prevent more serious problems further down the line.
Check Over & Regulation
- Ensure all pads all sealing correctly
- Ensure linked keys close correctly (with each other)
- Adjust any flute joints; any stiff, loose, or misshapen joints refitted.
- Oil keywork
- Replace headcork
- General clean
Full Flute Service
- The flute is completely stripped of all keywork and everything is cleaned and polished
- Pads are checked and adjusted for an airtight seal
- Any worn/torn pads are replaced as necessary
- All old oil is completely removed and replaced with new oil
- Keywork adjustment set and checked
Delivery & Collection Service Available – £10 (which includes both ways)
Flute Repair Cost Guide
|On The Spot Quick Repair||£10|
|Head Cork Replacement||£10|
|Regulation & Check Over||£30|