The MKH 40 has a large number of applications, for example as a main microphone, especially in lightly reverberant or acoustically less perfect rooms, with instrumental groups or for speech applications. Its wide-angled, neutral directional characteristics and high level of reverse attenuation ensure an exceptionally balanced sound.
- Maximum front-to-back ratio
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Switchable roll-off filter to compensate for proximity effects at a distance of approx. 0.5 m
- Switchable pre-attenuation
- Black, anodised light metal body