Viola hire is a great way to get started. The instrument can appear within so many genres of music and forms the backbone of an orchestra.?? The Viola has become extremely popular in recent years and is a beautiful sounding instrument.? Every Viola comes from Europe and we do not have any ?cheap? instruments within the hire scheme.
Most Violas have a spruce top and a maple back, side and neck. ?Sometimes poplar and willow are used but not very often. The quality of these woods, combined with the builders who make them form either a good or bad instrument. We carefully select where our hire Violas are sourced and years of experience has shown us that a good Viola makes a good Violaist!
What makes our Violas different?
We don?t just rent any instrument, we want to encourage the player to learn and enjoy, so we take a good quality European and then:
- Adjust the height of the bridge and nut. ?(Too high and the strings are hard to press down. ?Too low and they buzz on the fingerboard)
- Check the curve of the bridge. ?(Too shallow and you play 2 strings at once, too high and you catch the wood at the edge.)
- Check the fit of the pegs. ?(Too loose and the instrument won?t stay in tune. ?Too tight and it?s very difficult to tune!)
- Check the fit and position of the soundpost. ?(Too tight and it can crack the Viola. ?Too loose and it will keep falling down. ?The sound is stifled if it is positioned incorrectly.)
- Fit high quality strings for increased sound quality. ?(RRP ?27.00-?75.00)
- Fit a quality tailpiece with integral adjusters for ease of tuning. ?(RRP ?16.00-?25.00)