Terms & Conditions
- During the duration of the Agreement, the instrument remains the property of Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- You are not permitted to treat the instrument as your own. In particular, but not limited to, you are not permitted to sell, hire, lend or in any way deal with or dispose of the instrument.
- A £45 insurance excess charge is payable to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd should any loss or damage occur whilst the instrument is in your care.
- An initial payment is payable upon accepting the Agreement and thereafter the hire charge is payable by way of monthly direct debit.
- Instrument repairs during the duration of the agreement are your responsibility. Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd offers a free repair service for active hire agreements. Carriage charges will apply.
- The Agreement is for a minimum period of 3 months, and 6 months for all pianos (the “Initial Period”). After this period the Agreement may be terminated but only once the instrument has been returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- In the event that a monthly payment is not honored, the instrument must be returned immediately to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- If the instrument is not returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd as per paragraph seven, the customer will become liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument.
- Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd warrants that the instrument shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. In the event that you believe this not to be the case, you must inform Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd immediately so that an examination of the instrument may be carried out, and if necessary, any repairs or adjustments made.
- Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd reserves the right to commence legal proceedings against you in respect of any breach of the Agreement. The costs associated with any such legal proceedings will be met by you.
- Direct debit mandate cancellation before the instrument has been returned is not permitted and is in breach of this agreement. If this is the case the instrument must be returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd within 7 working days. Failure to do so will make the customer liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument.
- During the duration of the Agreement the risk in the instrument shall pass to you and you shall inform Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd immediately should any loss or damage occur in respect of the instrument.
- In the event that the instrument is lost or stolen, it must be reported to the police and an incident number obtained. Failure to do so will result in the customer becoming liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument. Once a police reference number has been provided, the customer will only be liable for the £45 insurance excess charge as per paragraph 3.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the customer and Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Proof of postage when returning the instrument must be obtained from the relevant courier or postal service.
- The Agreement is subject to English Law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Agreement.
Musical Instrument Hire Co Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 913059.