Terms & Conditions
- During the duration of the Agreement, the instrument remains the property of Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- You are not permitted to treat the instrument as your own. In particular, but not limited to, you are not permitted to sell, hire, lend or in any way deal with or dispose of the instrument.
- A £45 insurance excess charge is payable to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd should any loss or damage occur whilst the instrument is in your care.
- An initial payment is payable upon accepting the Agreement and thereafter the hire charge is payable by way of monthly direct debit.
- Instrument repairs during the duration of the agreement are your responsibility. Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd offers a free repair service for active hire agreements. Carriage charges will apply.
- The Agreement is for a minimum period of 3 months, and 6 months for all pianos (the “Initial Period”). After this period the Agreement may be terminated but only once the instrument has been returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- In the event that a monthly payment is not honored, the instrument must be returned immediately to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd.
- If the instrument is not returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd as per paragraph seven, the customer will become liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument.
- Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd warrants that the instrument shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. In the event that you believe this not to be the case, you must inform Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd immediately so that an examination of the instrument may be carried out, and if necessary, any repairs or adjustments made.
- Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd reserves the right to commence legal proceedings against you in respect of any breach of the Agreement. The costs associated with any such legal proceedings will be met by you.
- Direct debit mandate cancellation before the instrument has been returned is not permitted and is in breach of this agreement. If this is the case the instrument must be returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd within 7 working days. Failure to do so will make the customer liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument.
- During the duration of the Agreement the risk in the instrument shall pass to you and you shall inform Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd immediately should any loss or damage occur in respect of the instrument.
- In the event that the instrument is lost or stolen, it must be reported to the police and an incident number obtained. Failure to do so will result in the customer becoming liable for the full replacement cost of the instrument. Once a police reference number has been provided, the customer will only be liable for the £45 insurance excess charge as per paragraph 3.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the customer and Musical Instrument Hire Co Ltd and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Proof of postage when returning the instrument must be obtained from the relevant courier or postal service.
- The Agreement is subject to English Law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Agreement.
a. Definitions. This contract is for the hire of musical instruments and accessories (“equipment”) and the parties of this contract which are:
(i) The “Hirer” and, where the Hirer is not an individual but acting on behalf of a third-party organisation, the named individual named on the online order form
having agreed to the terms & conditions
(ii) Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD – Registered 10603316 Registered office, Unit 9, Hall Farm, Holwell, Melton Mowbray, LE14 4SZ
b. Extent of Contract. The contract is in no way assignable and becomes effective when Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD accepts the Hire’s order.
c. Commencement of contract. The Hire is deemed to have commenced when the equipment is either collected by the Hirer or delivered to the specified address on the order form.
d. Off-Hiring. The Hire is deemed to have ceased once the equipment has been returned to Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD.
e. Termination of contract. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD reserve the right to terminate the Contract and repossess any Equipment. This action will not affect any rights to monies due, or damages for breach of contract. This also includes any other remedies where the Hirer is in breach or is involved in liquidation or insolvency proceedings.
f. Ownership of equipment. All equipment hired will remain the property of Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD.
a. Hire Charges Basis. The stated hire charges are for the duration of the Contract. Additional charges may be applied should the circumstances of the hire change within the designated hire period.
b. Transport Charges. All transport charges are stated separately to hire charges. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD cannot be held responsible for late delivery or collection of equipment due to third party couriers. All charges are unaffected by circumstances beyond our control.
c. Payment. The hirer will pay all monies due before collection or delivery of equipment.
d. Loss of equipment. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD will consider all equipment not returned as lost and levy a penalty charge equal to the hirer equivalent to the full replacement cost of all missing equipment.
- Hire’s Responsibility’s
a. Receipt of Equipment. All equipment will require a signature on delivery or collection. All faults or missing items should be reported to Musical Instrument Hire Co. It is the hire’s responsibility to check the equipment. Any missing items are the hirers responsibility.
b. Insurance and Security. Insurance against loss or theft is covered by Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD, an insurance excess charge of £150 is payable in the instance of loss or theft. Any loss of theft on equipment must be reported to the Police and an incident/crime number obtained. Where the incident/ crime number is not acquired by the hirer, the full replacement cost of the equipment will become payable.
c. Safe and correct use of equipment. The hirer is responsible for the safe and proper use of equipment. The hirer will notify Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD of any damage, faults or defeats inflicted during the duration of the hire agreement.
- Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD responsibilities.
a. Inspection of equipment. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD will check all equipment to adhere to usage requirements prior to despatch or collection. If any equipment needs to be recovered due to faults arising from the acceptable use of such equipment, Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD will endeavour to replace the items with equivalent items.
b. Transport. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD will endeavour to deliver all equipment within the given time frame. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries or collections arising from unforeseen circumstances.
c. Limitation of Liability. The liability of Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD for claims by the hirer does not extend to any unforeseeable financial loss caused by late or non-delivery of equipment, breakdown stoppage or lawful repossession.
d. Musical Instrument Hire Co LTD will not provide accessories, such as, but limited to, drumsticks, spare strings, tuners.
Musical Instrument Hire Co Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 913059.