What makes our violins different?
We don’t just rent any instrument, we want to encourage the player to learn and enjoy, so we take a good quality European instrument and then:
- Adjust the height of the bridge and nut. (Too high and the strings are hard to press down. Too low and they buzz on the fingerboard)
- Check the curve of the bridge. (Too shallow and you play 2 strings at once, too high and you catch the wood at the edge.)
- Check the fit of the pegs. (Too loose and the instrument won’t stay in tune. Too tight and it’s very difficult to tune!)
- Check the fit and position of the soundpost. (Too tight and it can crack the violin. Too loose and it will keep falling down. The sound is stifled if it is positioned incorrectly.)
- Fit high quality strings for increased sound quality. (RRP 27.00-75.00)
- Fit a quality tailpiece with integral adjusters for ease of tuning. (RRP 16.00-25.00)